The Geospatial Program Director is responsible for leading the development of the Geospatial Resource and Innovation Center at T-REX; developing programming associated with the Center in partnership with national geospatial credentialing leaders and regional educational organizations; developing local, national and international relationships in the geospatial industry that will have long-term, beneficial effects for the economy of the St. Louis region; assisting in fundraising to sustain the Center and its growth; and the day-to-day operations of the Center. He/she works within the guidelines, policies, and mission of the Technology Entrepreneur Center/T-REX and will be accountable and responsible in reporting to the President/Executive Director.
- Build, leverage, and lead collaborative networks with key peers and stakeholders across the geospatial industry and/or other government/private-sector organizations, or professional/technical disciplines to achieve significant mission outcomes (including, but not limited to, achieving postsecondary, higher education, and/or employer adoption of relevant geospatial workforce credentials).
- Integrate activities effectively with local, state and federal partners and exercise collaborative plans that realize mutual, joint, or multi-organizational goals.
- Understand how organizations, resources, information, and processes within the geospatial community interact with and influence one another; apply that understanding to solve complex interagency or multi-organizational problems.
- Research and advise on appropriate equipment, tools and resources to include in the Geospatial Resource and Innovation Center.
- Assist in fundraising for the geospatial program at T-REX.
- Serve as a community leader advocating for the geospatial industry to local, state, and national audiences; work collaboratively with regional leadership to achieve mutual goals associated with inclusive economic and workforce development.
- Develop programming and resources to grow expertise and talent within the regional geospatial community in St. Louis.
- Ensure that organizational strategies, policies, procedures, and actions give appropriate focus, attention, and commitment to diversity of people, points of view, ideas, and insights.
- Disseminate program results to the community through seminars, reports, papers, speeches, and other professional activity. Collaborate with other organizations in arranging, performing, and reporting cooperative activities.
- At least five years’ experience in the geospatial industry in a senior leadership position.
- Previous Program Management experience.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
Applications for this position are now closed. Thank you to all applicants for your interest in growing our regional geospatial cluster.
Technology Entrepreneur Center / T-REX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Entrepreneur Center / T-REX does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.