T-REX is a non-profit innovation and entrepreneur development facility dedicated to strengthening the economic vitality of Saint Louis, MO. We operate an advanced IT startup incubator, host an Innovation Conference Center & coworking space, and advance strategic initiatives to foster inclusive economic growth through technological ingenuity.
The Event Coordinator will facilitate and provide direction for the coordination, planning, execution, and revenue generation of high-quality meetings, conferences and events. The Coordinator will ensure that the Innovation Conference Center @ T-REX maintains the highest level of professional service and standards for T-REX members and guests, while upholding T-REX’s mission and values.
- Associates or Bachelors degree;
- Approximately 1-2 years’ experience planning conferences and events, or experience that may be applicable to such planning;
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team;
- Work well in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure;
- Willingness to work irregular hours including occasional evenings and weekends;
- Be on call as needed;
- Service and hospitality oriented;
- Sense of humor, and the ability to be flexible and empathetic with guests.
- Excellent customer service skills, including kindness and empathy;
- Excellent writing ability, with clear and concise note-taking and organizational skills for communication with guests and T-REX team;
- Ability to address complex issues utilizing a clear, thoughtful manner to come to a resolution quickly without jeopardizing the event or relationships with people involved;
- Some experience in Audio/Visual setup helpful, but not required;
- Willingness to get one’s “hands dirty” to set up and break down events as needed.
- Ensure conferences and events are accurately organized for T-REX and its guests’ needs;
- Facilitate special fundraising events as required;
- Communicate event policies and procedures to prospective guests and current members and guests, and effectively relay member and guest needs to T-REX teammates;
- Interact, establish, and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituent groups including tenants, community groups, supporters, governmental and other dignitaries, vendors, and the public at large;
- Plan occasional special events for T-REX members and constituency;
- Facilitate support services for events and conferences, including housekeeping, maintenance, security, catering, billing, and technical services as needed;
- Ensure continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality, seamless customer service;
- Inspect facilities at least daily to ensure they are being maintained properly for conferences and events;
- Prepare facilities with appropriate seating/table/presentation arrangements in advance of event;
- Ensure all event files are maintained with the pertinent information for future reference, including reporting distributed to T-REX team members and leadership;
- Oversee the computing of costs for billing of special services and any equipment or special event rental charges;
- Coordinate with T-REX team to ensure support for events and activities;
- Keep stock of and replenish meeting and event material supplies, including stocking beer and ensuring presence of supplies in each meeting room;
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 pounds with or without accommodation;
- Assist T-REX leadership and other team members with special projects;
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
The Technology Entrepreneur Center/T-REX ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability or covered veteran status.