Geodata IT: Scrum Master Apprentice
Geodata IT is launching an apprenticeship program to introduce rising stars into the GIS community. As a company dedicated to delivering exceptional solutions in a niche industry, this unique program will train developers in a broad set of skills designed to improve the overall customer experience (CX).
What will you learn?
We love innovators and thinkers. This is not a "code only" apprenticeship. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and assist in any area of an agile forward company. Why? Understanding how we deliver exceptional CX will make you a better developer. You'll be working with a successful entrepreneur/systems architect and a scrum master to serve the areas of technical solutioning, web development, business development, and human resources. As a company dedicated to quality, you will learn Agile methodology and our Quality Management System (QMS) with the goal of completing a successful internal audit of company processes. You will participate in regular standups and monthly customer satisfaction scrums. As the apprentice, you'll be given a chance to lead a scrum meeting, as well as regularly share your ideas and contribute to improving the overall customer experience through quality code and other solutions. By the end of your apprenticeship, you will be able to successfully demonstrate how to design and implement a successful sprint.
Proudly located in the T-REX innovation hub, apprentices will have the ability to work where the GIS community learns and grows.
- One year minimum of hands-on programming in an object-oriented program language like Python, Java, C++ or Ruby
- One year minimum of experience in web development tools like HTML, CSS and Markup
- Must be able to type efficiently and utilized word processing and spreadsheet tools
- GitHub account with at least one active project with the code posted
- Past experience serving customers face to face in any industry
- Mentor recommendation (someone who will vouch for the quality of your work)
- Peer recommendation (someone who can share what it is like to work with you either on the job or in another activity)
- Must be able to pass a background check
- BYOD (bring your own full-size device)
This is an experimental program that is expected to run up to 90 days. The apprentice will be paid $16 an hour for up to 20 hours of temporary work. After 90 days or sooner, the participants success will be evaluated for continuation and/or other potential opportunities.
- Past experience in business research
- Proven social media expertise
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.