*UPDATE: THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.*
Cultivation Capital is a venture capital firm that supports extraordinary entrepreneurs. We are a family of venture funds and accelerators that invest in technology and life sciences companies. These funds have backed over 100 companies since the firm was founded in 2012, making us one of the most active seed investors in the country.
Cultivation Capital is looking for a full-time associate to join its operations team based in St. Louis. The successful candidate will be responsible for helping with the day-to-day management of the firm, including with investor relations, legal and compliance, and other mission-critical functions such as technology and marketing. This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to gain experience with managing the operations of a growing business.
Investor Relations: Support all aspects of the marketing and fundraising cycle from fund concept to closing of investor capital commitments; respond to investor data requests; handle communications with the external investment community; organize an annual meeting of investors; conduct capital calls; develop and prepare investor reports.
- Financial: Collaborate with the CFO and outside vendors, including the firm’s outside accounting and auditing teams, to maintain accurate financial records for the firm and its multiple funds.
- Legal & Compliance: Assist the CCO with implementing and enforcing compliance and operational risk policies and procedures; work with the investment team to assess new investments by preparing financial models and conducting market research.
- Business Development: Help develop new and innovative strategies to advance the firm's initiatives.
- Marketing: Continue to define and manage the Cultivation brand; keep the website up to date; write relevant press releases as needed; post on the company social media accounts.
- Additional projects and support as the need arises.
Cultivation Capital is an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience working or interning in operations/project management.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel.
- Experience with or the ability to learn design programs (e.g., Adobe InDesign, Acrobat).
- Technologically savvy; curious and willing to tinker around with tools, applications, and systems that might automate and improve the efficiency of the firm's workflows.
- Ambitious mindset that can be used to successfully work independently.
- Ability to project manage and multi-task at an incredible pace.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with financial statements is a plus.
- Desire to work in a team environment, often under pressure.
- Genuine interest in the venture capital asset class.
- Willingness to learn and deploy new skills.
The successful candidate will report to the CFO/Operations Lead but will work closely with the rest of the operations team as well as the firm's general partners and investors.
Apply via Indeed.
(Posting by Cultivation Capital via Indeed.)