Connexio: Mobile & Web Developer
Connexio connects students who want to study internationally with universities around
the world. Why should only a few students have access to options and resources to study
internationally? Connexio is out to change that. Our aim to make international
education options available to all students in the world and make classes more diverse.
We want to change the experience of finding the best-fit students and universities easier
and pleasurable for both sides. Connexio started in 2018 and our team is growing fast and our platform is helping students globally find admission opportunities with US and Canadian universities. We are headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it’s really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile
apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting
and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for
other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative
effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
Full-stack developers are highly preferable.
IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL —
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
EXTRA CREDITS IF YOU HAVE —
- Experience solving complex engineering problems
- Experience of frontend software development experience, specializing in ReactJS, ideally with Redux
- Experience writing testable code with high automated test coverage
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Material Design
YOU SHOULD HAVE MANY OF THE FOLLOWING —
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable with ambiguity and can self-organize; a passion for taking something from infancy to maturity; experience leading a large project and directing the work of others
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle many competing opportunities and requests for product changes
- Can translate customer feedback into product requirements; troubleshoot issues and come up with creative workarounds; identify top priorities based on impact for all B2B & B2C customers; work cross-functionally to advocate for those changes
- Demonstrated success working across and partnering with teams, clearly communicating priorities and impact, gaining buy-in without support from management, and driving projects to successful completion
(opening provided via T-REX's Tech Talent & Job Fair on 2/27/19. To apply, visit the Connexio Career Page directly)