Connexio: Data Engineer / ETL Developer
Connexio connects students who want to study internationally with universities around the world. Why should only a few students have access to options and resources to study internationally? Connexio is out to change that. Our aim to make international education options available to all students in the world and make classes more diverse. We want to change the experience of finding the best-fit students and universities easier and pleasurable for both sides. Connexio started in 2018 and our team is growing fast and our platform is helping students globally find admission opportunities with US and Canadian universities. We are headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it’s really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our development team, bringing experience in data science, ETL, and analytics. A strong candidate would have plenty of hands-on experience harmonizing data from different sources, coping with data quality challenges, and analyzing data trends. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required. Well-rounded developers are highly preferable.
IN THIS POSITION, YOU WILL:
- Code, test, implement and automate complex transformation processes
- Oversee basic and advanced transformation activities such as normalization, cleansing, aggregation, summarization, and integration
- Design automation processes to control data access, transformation, and movement
- Design, model and create the data architecture for new implementations
EXTRA CREDITS IF YOU HAVE —
- Experience handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment
- Experience with design, development, automation, and support of applications to extract, transform, and load data
- Strong ETL script development skills using the R or Python
- Able to take initiative and constantly challenge the status quo in order to institute best practices with the team
- High level of attention to detail
YOU SHOULD HAVE MANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable with ambiguity and can self-organize; a passion for taking something from infancy to maturity; experience leading a large project and directing the work of others
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to juggle many competing opportunities and requests for product changes
- Can translate customer feedback into product requirements; troubleshoot issues and come up with creative workarounds; identify top priorities based on impact for all B2B & B2C customers; work cross-functionally to advocate for those changes
- Demonstrated success working across and partnering with teams, clearly
communicating priorities and impact, gaining buy-in without support from
management, and driving projects to successful completion
(opening provided via T-REX's Tech Talent & Job Fair on 2/27/19. To apply, visit the Connexio Career Page directly)